Thursday, September 1, 2011

Goodbye, Bordeaux

This morning was ridiculously difficult. First, the goodbye to downtown last night--thank god Adrianna was there. It was such a nice closing night, complete with fireworks, salsa dancing, muskrats and perfect reflections in the miroir d'eau.







This morning, I woke up early to say bye to Kareen. That was hard. She has become such a mother figure to me. I couldn't stop crying. She had to leave in order to stop herself from crying. I feel like I'm going to see her soon, but sadly, I know it is not so.

After, Pascal and Matthis drove Steph and I to the train station. Laughs, jokes, pictures and promises to return were made. Steph and I boarded the train. While Matthis and I tried to keep it together, the train started leaving, with Pascal and Matthis next to it blowing bisous and the tears started flowing. I can't believe that was goodbye.



My adventure in Bordeaux may be over, but my friendships there are not. My family there will always be in my heart. I will return. I have a feeling that no matter where i travel after college, I will route it through France. I can't stay away.

We are headed to Paris to couchsurf for 5 days with a girl named Julia who lives next to the Louvre.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, your style and the weird/fun facts about France ! ^^

    ReplyDelete