Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'll meet you at the Rosetta Stone

So my last night in Ireland was pretty fun: I ended up hanging out with people from Portugal, Canada and the US and had a great time out and drinking Guinness with them.

I then headed to London and could not be more stoked to see Stephanie and Sandy. The first day, we walked the city and saw the regular sights.

 First picture of us on the trip..haha

The next morning, Stephanie was feeling a little under the weather but pushed through and came to the British Museum with Sandy and I. It was kind of cool to be able to tell Sandy to meet us at the Rosetta Stone. Probably will never say that again!



That night we headed to the Shakespeare Globe theater to try and get returned tickets to As You Like It. We were about to give up, when the worker brought us 3 standing tickets 10 mins into the show. What luck! It was a fantastic show and we laughed so hard we cried a little.

The next day, Stephanie and I moved to the Generator Hostel (where Sandy already was) and it was HUGE! We dubbed it as the Generator City because it had a 700 person capacity.

We strolled Hyde Park, Harrods and saw the changing of the guard. Our lunch that day consisted of us eating some plain rice out of a tupperware container, with baby forks, in front of Buckingham Palace. Lots of funny stares and I am sure we will get more when we do it again!


We met up with Alizee and her friend for drinks that night. It was sad because I think that might have been the last time I will get to see her this trip. (She will be in Greece and Australia when I go back to the Portiers in June).

I saw Liffy, my brothers friend from New Zealand the next morning at the Camden market. It was such a cool place and I wish I could have spent more time there. Talking to Liffy was really fun as well. She is going to Nepal this week for 3 months to work with a prison and children. She is really, very inspiring. I can only hope I can do some of the cool things she is doing sometime.

We caught our plane to Amsterdam, not knowing what to expect, but completely mindboggled that we were going to be in a different country after a 45 min flight.

1 comment: